Pickers Seasonal, British Flowers are available from March until the end of October.
They are grown, nurtured, selected and freshly cut from the flower plots at Moor Monkton on the outskirts of York and offer the following advantages:
- Good value – no minimum stem count reduces wastage.
- Scent – scented flowers and herbs are grown wherever possible. Chemical preservatives are NOT used and as a result perfume is released and not inhibited as with imported flowers.
- Wide choice of flowers that are not easily available from traditional wholesalers e.g dahlias, seed heads, grasses and sweet peas with tendrils.
- Freshness – flowers are cut to order, and specification to ensure quality.
- Bespoke – providing adequate notice is given orders can be colour themed or tailored to specific requirements.
- Wildlife friendly – chemical preservatives and artificial fertilisers are NOT used. Wildlife is encouraged. The use of chemicals is kept to a minimum and organic alternatives are used wherever possible.
- Sustainable alternative – flowers are grown and delivered locally, thus reducing mileage and CO2 emissions.
- Personal service – Pickers aims to provide flowers and foliage to suit your requirements and style. Queries and suggestions about the service provided are welcomed.
- Collection by arrangement at a time to suit you. Delivery can be arranged but will incur a delivery charge to cover fuel costs and time (price on application).
- Stable pricing – no hidden costs and no VAT.