This week I have been using “wonky veg” from Asda in cooking.
A few thoughts:
- The vegetables didn’t seem very wonky! I was expecting odd shapes, and was a little disappointed that there was nothing to giggle at 🙂
- I thought there was a lot of veg included for £3.50.
- The box contained potatoes, carrots, red onions, leeks, parsnips, cabbage, cucumber & green peppers.
- I would definitely buy “wonky veg” in the supermarket after using this box.
- I used 3 small red onions, one large potato, 2 carrots and a parsnip in the chowder pictured. I added a small amount of bacon, sweetcorn, chicken stock, milk & dried parsley. Thumbs up from the whole family for taste!
(Please note that Food Monsters is not endorsed by Eat Better Feel Better or by Asda).