Better Mealtimes: Parents One-to-One Sessions
Do you want better mealtimes for your family? Does your child have a limited range of foods that they will eat? You’re not alone!
I have supported children, parents and Early Years practitioners to help young children to eat well at mealtimes for over 10 years.
Recent feedback from parents has included:
- “Lovely to watch my son interacting and getting excited about making something”;
- “Great session, would love to have follow up sessions in future”.
An initial at home session includes:
- discussion about the problems you are experiencing;
- practical first steps you can take towards better mealtimes, tailored to your situation;
- what to say to support your child to eat a variety of food;
- a short practical activity with your child, if you wish;
- an information pack including activity ideas.
Follow-up sessions are flexible and tailored to your needs, and can include discussion, practical activities with your child, or both. These can be at your home, or at another venue if discussion only.
Sessions are suitable for parents of young children aged 1 to 5 years, and those with younger children will gain the most benefit. The approach is relaxed and informal and your child can be there if you wish.
Initial at home session (90 mins): £50
Follow-up sessions (60 mins): £40
Book by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices apply to the Edinburgh area, please ask for a tailored price if you live outside Edinburgh.
Note: Better Mealtimes sessions do not include medical advice. You should contact your GP, Health Visitor or a Dietician if your child is losing weight, lacking energy, or has an underlying condition that may affect their ability to eat.